Re: Anaconda is totally trashing the F18 schedule (was Re: f18: how to install into a LVM partitions (or RAID))

On 10/31/2012 07:12 AM, Panu Matilainen wrote:
Makes me wonder... were the anaconda developers and FESCo aware of the
oncoming major changes to dracut? At least I failed to see anything
obviously related to that on a quick skim through the f18 feature list.

I think we had some idea that dracut would be switching to use systemd to run things, but what we didn't anticipate was the amount of fallout from that switch in our scripts.

This was compounded by focusing on building newUI on top of F17 content because it was stable, rather than fighting the never ending slog of rawhide issues, so we didn't notice all the subtle ways things were breaking in rawhide until it was late in the game.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!