Re: MariaDB: Packagers needed

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Uh, conflicting with MySQL is really a no go (just look at how many things
> require mysql-libs, and even mysql-server is required for Akonadi, and
> mysql-embedded or Amarok), why isn't the fork renaming its stuff? If the
> idea is to be a 100% compatible drop-in replacement, then Fedora needs to
> make a choice whether to ship Oracle's MySQL or MariaDB and then stick to
> it.

Keeping it simple and objective, IMHO, MariaDB is the natural choice.
It has a community, it's GPL and it's not Oracle...

Besides, it is faster and nicer (It has some cool engines).

But that is just my opinion. Where should we take this to? Who can be
an appropriate advocate for MariaDB?

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/