Re: secure boot: how to disable this crap?

On Oct 27, 2012, at 8:04 PM, Joshua C. <joshuacov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see but is there a general switch do disable those even if secure boot is set to enable in the uefi firmware?

If you're going to disable it for linux, you might as well disable it in the firmware. There's little point in having it enabled for just one OS if you're going to obfuscate it in the other.

> Honestly looking into the latest patch applied to the rawhide-kernel, I cannot see any indication that those lockups occur only if secure boot is set in the uefi firmware. They just lock out the user space regardless of what the uefi says…

I don't think that's the case, or possibly you've stumbled on a bug. You have UEFI 2.3.1 based hardware that implements Secure Boot and it's enabled?

Chris Murphy