Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

On Tue, 09.10.12 17:14, Panu Matilainen (pmatilai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

On 10/09/2012 04:58 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 03:18:25PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
To build such an image I'd really would have preferred not installing
the docs. It appears rpm once had a feature for that where you could add
excludedocs in rpmrc. This feature seems to have been removed. Why? Can
we get that back? Or can I enable this for yum in some other way? Anyone
has an idea?

Practically all such configuration was moved from rpmrc to macros
eons ago. So for the last 10+ years, set "%_excludedocs 1" macro (eg
somewhere in /etc/rpm/macros.*) to make it permament, for a signle
run with rpm cli it's --excludedocs (which just flips the relevant
API flag)

Ahh, good to know. Would be cool to have this googleable somewhere...

Can I pass this somehow to yum? Or do I have to creat a macro file for
this?

You can set it in yum.conf (tsflags=nodocs), but then rpm wont know about it (so if you install directly with rpm, it'll still install the docs). Putting it in the macro configuration ensures everything going through librpm honors it.

	- Panu -