Re: systemd requires HTTP server and serves QR codes

On 10/09/2012 05:06 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, Matthew Miller wrote:

On Tue, Oct 09, 2012 at 03:18:25PM +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
To build such an image I'd really would have preferred not installing
the docs. It appears rpm once had a feature for that where you could add
excludedocs in rpmrc. This feature seems to have been removed. Why? Can
we get that back? Or can I enable this for yum in some other way? Anyone
has an idea?

+1 to this, although note that we currently ship licenses as doc
files, and
so that might need to go by packaging/legal.

There's a yum plugin which sets RPM transaction flags
(yum-plugin-tsflags),
and with that we could put "tsflags=nodocs" in the yum.conf. Not sure
how to
get that up to spin-creation tools, and if we're going to count on it it
could probably use some polish and integration.

info

Yeah that goes along with nodocs. :)

--nodocs and tsflags=nodocs ends up with ugly ugly things when you want
to do rpm -Va later.

Err, not. Rpm remembers files that were skipped on purpose and does not whine about them on verification:

[root@turre ~]# rpm -U --excludedocs /tmp/telnet-0.17-53.fc17.x86_64.rpm
[root@turre ~]# rpm -V telnet
[root@turre ~]# rpm -ql --state telnet
normal        /usr/bin/telnet
not installed /usr/share/doc/telnet-0.17
not installed /usr/share/doc/telnet-0.17/README
not installed /usr/share/man/man1/telnet.1.gz
[root@turre ~]#