Re: Fixing boost 1.50 issues while branching issues

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2012 16:27:28 -0500
> Richard Shaw <hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Ok, I'm sure I did something wrong but I'm not exactly sure what I was
>> supposed to do...
>>
>> Due to Boost 1.50 I had a chain of libraries that needed rebuilding:
>>
>> blender -> OpenImageIO -> Field3D
>>
>> I've been able to rebuild the rawhide ones (except for a separate
>> boost issue with blender) but I'm not having any luck with f18.
>>
>> I built Field3D but it was tagged into f18-candidate and I can neither
>> add it to an update or to a buildroot override, so I can't build
>> OpenImageIO...
>
> It was? It shouldn't have been and I don't show it being so.
> It's in f18.

What!?!?! Ok, I know I wasn't seeing things yesterday. I KNOW it was
in f18-candidate otherwise OpenImageIO wouldn't have failed to build.
Must have gotten moved somehow?

> It will appear in tomorrow's branched compose and it will be in the
> buildroot as of the next one that is generated.
>
>> Since this is my first time having a library issue in the middle of
>> branching I don't know what I was supposed to do. Is it currently
>> possible to tag directly into f18? If so that means I'll have to
>> rebuild for rawhide so NEVR won't be > in f18 than rawhide...
>
> Until tuesday, branched is exactly like rawhide.

Well I had already done another build using the --target f18 and it
seemed to do the job but maybe it would have gone into f18 anyway :)

Thanks,
Richard