Re: DisplayManagerRework: how to handle upgrades?

Rex Dieter wrote:

> OK,  so we have
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DisplayManagerRework#How_To_Test
>
> that tells one how to enable the display manager of your choice, via
> systemctl enable --force xyzdm.service
>
> But, how to handle upgrades? (or is this case already handled somehow?)
>
> Off the top of my head, perhaps create some sort of scriptlet (probably to
> live in initscripts, since that's what owned prefdm) to parse
> /etc/sysconfig/desktop to make some educated guess about which dm service
> to enable.

nucleo mentioned to me on irc the case also of the simple case of a machine
with no DM.  If the expactation that
yum install gdm
(or any DM, with no DM currently enabled) should 'just work', then perhaps
also consider doing something like this in gdm's %post scriptlet:
systemctl is-enabled display-manager.service || \
  systemctl enable gdm.service

-- rex