Re: TextMate 2 open sourced!

On 08/09/2012 07:38 PM, Onuralp SEZER wrote:
> Let make it clear, This apps is write in OSX SDK apps, So for that
> reason, If we even compiled clang and other things we cannot be compile
> Xcode as I can see because Xcode cannot be compile in linux also Xcode
> is part of Apple Developers , in that case If we want to textmate in Linux .
>
> It must be re-write in Linux again.Because texmate using ;
> C++,C,Object C,Xcode(just working on MAC SDK), also OakFramework which
> is also written in OSX.

Yes. To get TextMate on Linux, one of the following is necessary:

* Remove Mac OS X-specific dependencies, port UI code to GNUstep. Then
you're stuck with a GNUstep UI, which won't really fit with anything but
a GNUstep/WindowMaker desktop.
* Salvage the core logic and rewrite all UI interaction code on top of
GTK+ or Qt.

In either case, all other OS X-specific calls will also need to be
replaced. It's a lot of work. It could well be worth it, but it will not
be easy.

- Michael