Re: avant-window-navigator (awn) in Fedora 17

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 5:26 AM, tim.lauridsen@xxxxxxxxx <tim.lauridsen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Damian Ivanov <damianatorrpm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all,

awn has been orphaned in F17 because latest bzr fails to build
(0.4.1-XXX), though latest stable (0.4.0) builds fine. see
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=avant-window-navigator&project=home%3Adamianator%3Afedora

I have orhaned awn, because it was a pain to maintain and upstream is almost stalled
especially the awn applets was hard, as they is made for gnome-2.x and hard to get working with gnome-3.x .
And without the applets awn is not very fun.
and with a stalled upstream, it is very hard to fit into a fast moving distro like Fedora.

Tim

I don't remember if I've still got ownership of that package, but I'd rather not continue to maintain it. It was a pain to keep up with back when I had the free time to do it. If I've not already orphaned it, I will do so as soon as possible.

The annoying thing is that the Fedora infrastructure doesn't like to let me log in very often...