Re: Action required: Rawhide: /tmp is now on tmpfs

On 01/06/12 15:27, Brian Wheeler wrote:
And how is a random user supposed to know this?

He is not and he doesn't have to know it. I have been using for couple of years /tmp on tmpfs, just with

tmpfs    /tmp    tmpfs   defaults,nosuid,nodev 0 0

and aside from a situation when I tried to save couple of giga large move file there (which got my system to an interesting state of system load 25 before it finally decided that there is not enough space on /tmp) I have never encounter any issues. Notice how weird requirements Mirek did on the system.

Best,

Matěj