Re: *countable infinities only

On Fri, 2012-06-01 at 12:33 -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> On 06/01/2012 12:30 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Debarshi Ray wrote:
> >> By the way, I am assuming that you know that one can't modify Firefox and
> >> redistribute it as Firefox without certification.
> > I've been pointing out this issue in several threads. That's exactly why
> > Fedora should finally follow Debian's lead and just rename Firefox.
> >
> >         Kevin Kofler
> >

> It's not going to matter b/c Chrome is eating Firefox lunch as far as market share.

Actually, it's not.

FF's share has been fairly stable for a while. What's happened is that
Chrome has taken over as the browser that eats *IE's* lunch.

The broad story of browser statistics is that IE has been going down for
years; up until a couple of years or so Firefox was rising steadily,
taking IE's share. Now Firefox is static and Chrome is rising steadily,
taking IE's share. FF use has not declined at all.

Chrome is also even more of a problem for distro packaging than Firefox
is. To the point where it still isn't in Fedora and isn't likely to be
in any reasonable timeframe.

(On a personal note, I trust Mozilla approximately fifty three thousand
times more than I trust Google, and for this reason you'll never catch
me using Chrome even if it's a better browser than Firefox).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey