Re: Fedora remixes and Microsoft's secure booting crapola

On 05/31/2012 10:26 PM, Arun SAG wrote:
I have been reading about secure boot. I understand that we are going to pay Microsoft to get our keys signed. Will this change affect people creating remixes? What about kernel modules from third party repositories like rpmfusion? Will it be affected?
Not sure if you were subscribed to the list earlier, but there's a thread titled, "*countable infinities only" that discusses this exact point. The link to the online archives is here:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-May/167605.html

(Note that the first e-mail in that archive somehow got corrupted when being archived.)

--
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org