On a related note...

You know what was the painless part of this re-install?  After firing up google
chrome, I didn't need to reinstall anything for it.  It's all synced with gmail.

I find myself wishing that all my fedora packages could be restored just like
that.

Oh sure, there's a few methods for automaticing installs.  But none are so
brain-dead easy.  Imagine, just 1 click (or command) to sync all the packages
(and maybe /etc?) to some server, and 1 step to reinstall back to the last
state.

What's that?  Wouldn't work over upgrades?  Somehow it does for chrome.  And for
android.