Re: How to proceed with MiniDebugInfo

On Thu, 24 May 2012 09:28:16 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> However, the whole thing is useless unless we agree that we want to
> enable this by default. It seems some people like the idea, whereas
> others disagree that its worth the increased binary size. It doesn't
> look like either side is gonna be able to convince the other side, so
> how do we get to a decision here?

It is difficult to agree on something when you still have not accepted why
some people disagree with it.

I do not mind the size, as for example we lose already 5-10% by not using gold
(unused + duplicate template methods).  I mind that in all aspects better
solution is ABRT and we should put more effort to it and not to some temporary
poor solutions.  (This is very generalized to avoid the discussion again.)

Thanks,
Jan