Re: Like C++? Not afraid of quirky build systems? Seeking LLVM co-maintainers

On 05/13/2012 02:02 AM, Matthew Garrett wrote:

<snip>

> From a purely practical perspective, the popularity of OS X as a
> development platform means that we're likely to see a gradual increase
> in the amount of code written to assume LLVM-specific functionality.
> People are just going to have to cope.

I do not like this as a strategy. I feel it is necessary in the case of
a core toolchain component to set some expectations early on. Those
might be "Fedora welcomes everyone using LLVM for everything once Red
Hat hires some folks to maintain LLVM on the same level as gcc" or
whatever the wording needs to be. But we're not going to "just cope".
What's going to happen is we're going to get bitten nastily.

Jon.