Re: About packaging Zotero (trademarked name) standalone for Fedora (was: About packaging Zotero standalone for Fedora)

Hi,

Thanks Rex for the heads up :)

Yes, the goal is to just package the software, the source code won't
likely be changed - so it wouldn't constitute a derivative work (in
the sense of a forked source code).

@Toshio :

> Are there specific trademark licensing terms?  I think we'd want to know
> what those are.  And if they're too onerous (Personally, I'd rather not have
> more software that was as restrictive as firefox) we'd probably want to
> change the name/other trademarked assets.

http://www.zotero.org/support/terms/trademark

It's explained in that page that the trademark should be explicitly
and specifically licensed (in writing from George Mason University) if
used alongside any derivative work; which isn't the case in this
effort as the goal is to just package that same software. Zotero
developer Simon Kornblith confirmed that it would be OK (see
http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/23104/packaging-zotero-for-gnulinux-distributions/#Item_0).

Alright, I'm then proceeding with the packaging.

-Ilyes