Re: Proposal for revitalizing the sponsorship process for packaging

On 04/26/2012 06:37 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"MS" == Michael Schwendt<mschwendt@xxxxxxxxx>  writes:

I don't believe so, no.  I do believe that you are reading something
into my proposal that simply is not there, however.

MS>  What if sponsors _try_ but for some time haven't found anyone who
MS>  shows enough interest in the Fedora Packaging?

I've amended my proposal to the following:

    Sponsors should expect to participate in the review of at least one
    NEEDSPONSOR ticket per year, assuming there are sufficient new
    packagers who require sponsorship and sufficient packages within the
    realm of expertise of the sponsor to fulfill this requirement.

I regret, but this assumption simply does not apply in reality.

Apart of this, remember you can't force volunteers, unless you want to do everything yourselves ;)

Ralf