Re: Proposal for revitalizing the sponsorship process for packaging

On 04/25/2012 10:03 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
For a while now I have been working on a proposal for some changes to
both the way we elevate packagers to sponsors and what (to a small
extent) sponsors actually do.  Please note that this is not a proposal
for any changes to how people are made members of the packager group in
the first place and does not change the privileges of existing sponsors.

My proposal is at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tibbs/RevitalizingSponsorshipProposal

I've run this by FESCo, whose response was favorable, so I'm sending
this to a larger audience.  Please let me know what you think.

Why not just drop the sponsorship process and just raise the barrier of entry for the packaging process instead?

Like having to have been a comaintainer for atleast one release cycle then completed x many reviews in the next etc. ( essentally what you propose there just without the "sponsor" ) and finally you are maintaining your own package or if we drop that outdated ownership model we have in place are free to roam "free" in the packaging community and assist when ever, where ever possible...

JBG