Re: Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> It would be nice to have a third option:
> -Change release names to release theme.
>
> We don't really need a name (IMO), but the theme adds a nice touch.

How about we just pick one good theme, make sure we really make it
consistently show up EVERYWHERE (including Plymouth, for which Solar was the
last theme to provide a matching theme plugin, we've been stuck with that
ugly "Charge" theme ever since, and GRUB 2, which is currently unthemed) and
then STICK to it?

Why do we need a new theme at every single release? I'd rather have a good
theme that just stands for "Fedora" (as opposed to "Fedora n") and that gets
only bug fixes and consistency improvements over time. (In fact, I'm still
using Solar, exactly for that reason.)

I think we should return to the Verne theme from Fedora 16 (Jules Verne
stands for innovation and a touch of futurism, i.e. exactly what Fedora is
about), design matching Plymouth and GRUB 2 artwork and make that our
permanent Fedora artwork for at least the next 10 years.

        Kevin Kofler