sudo and changes in packaging guidelines

Greetings,
I saw the changes in packaging guidelines related to PIE:

If your package meets the following criteria you MUST enable the PIE compiler flags:

  • Your package is long running. This means it's likely to be started and keep running until the machine is rebooted, not start on demand and quit on idle.
  • Your package has suid binaries, or binaries with capabilities.
  • Your package runs as root.
I maintain kde-partitionmanager and I wonder if I should apply PIE to that. At startup it calls itself with sudo: to work properly it must run as root, but it can be started also as normal user. Am I correct if I think it fits in the third assumption above?

Thank you.
Mattia