Re: Feedback on secondary architecture promotion requirements draft

On 04/04/2012 05:14 PM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
It is not just US law. Most countries have similar rules in place for
non-profits due a long history of them being used as fronts for
governments and corporations for tax-dodging, espionage, bribery, and
other shenanigans. In this case the US laws matter because Red Hat is
based in the US.. but the same issues would come up in the EU or
similar places.

Somehow other distribution have manage to make this work so perhaps we need to hear from debian,gentoo etc people what process they have used and how it has turned out to them?

Perhaps we need to separate all ( legal? ) connections to Red Hat ( Red Hat would then just donate via the same method than anyone else ) to make this work or directly donate money/hw/stuff directly to each individual SIG's representatives or perhaps to ambassadors?

JBG