Re: Homedir backup (was Re: "Stateless Linux" project)

<summary>Stuff about identifying which network we are on to see if we want to do backup.</summary>

If I'm away at a conference with my laptop and they have WiFi access to the internet, I don't care which network I am on. I still want to back up my home directory though.

If I'm working in a multi site corporation that has multiple backup servers (one per site perhaps). I want to use the local backup server not the one back home that's through a thin pipe. I'd want my laptop to discover the local backup server and authenticate it to me and me to it.

Ok these ideas don't quite work with the diskless Stateless model but they are still valid when talking about homedir backup.

Carwyn