Re: RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

On 3/20/12 8:37 AM, Tomas Mraz wrote:
I do not like this requirement. This seems to be specifically provided
to block the possibility to have ARM as a primary architecture if we do
not want to support just one or two ARM platforms. I do not really see a
problem in limiting platforms during rawhide development and branched
development. Additional platforms could be enabled for final builds
before the release freezes and for update builds.

That just means those platforms are getting tested at the same time the rest of the distribution is, and then when you turn it on you suddenly find bugs that need to be fixed which invalidates testing done already. Playing the "turn it on late" game is a non-starter IMHO.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!