Re: RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Jon Ciesla wrote:
> Only if you assume that high clock speed workloads are the only
> important workloads.  For highly parallellizable tasks, an ARM system
> with tons of slower cores is a powerhouse.  Think a db server serving
> huge numbers of queries.

Unfortunately, our builds are not that parallelizable, which is a major
practical problem with ARM as a primary architecture.

As for supporting the use case for our users, I don't see why we cannot
support those specialized tasks with a secondary architecture.

        Kevin Kofler