Re: Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy

On 03/02/2012 12:37 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:

Don't be so touchy please. The truth is somewhere in between. There are maintainers who do not respond for whatever reason and there are others who are solving reported issue in a minute. I don't believe that it was meant to threaten anybody. You read the "Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy" as "remove the original maintainer" or "punish him" but it might be very well read in opposite way, exactly as you proposed. There is no need for drama.

This was meant to be read as " Automating the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy" not as an threat not as anykind of changes to the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy itself ( other than the process being automated as in the steps having to be performed by the reporter which he currently can do with any bug btw ) and the week period I put in there was because I currently had weekly run cron job in mind and the fact that the NonResponsiveMaintainers policy takes 3 weeks to complete from the reporters point of view with announcement to this list but that "week" could easily be turned into a "month" instead which would make it month +3weeks

JBG