Help needed for virtualbox ( Was Provenpackager? Want to help out? )

On 02/28/2012 02:09 AM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
Hi,
3 things
1- I like have help on convert:
vboxweb-service from VirtualBox on rpmfusion.
"http://cvs.rpmfusion.org/viewvc/*checkout*/rpms/VirtualBox-OSE/F-17/vboxweb-service?revision=1.1&root=free";
off-list

First of all this is for the rpmfusion list and was off topic for this thread that said...

Here is a vboxweb.service that should work for if not you can read the systemd man pages and figure out the rest.

### vboxweb.service ###

[Unit]
Description=VirtualBox OSE Web Service
After=network.target

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/run/vboxweb.pid
ExecStart=/usr/bin/vboxwebsrv --pidfile /run/vboxweb.pid  --background

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

"/etc/sysconfig/$SERVICE" was dropped since...

a) it does not exist in the package spec file

b) upstream wont accept submitted units with /etc/sysconfig/ files which means those that still want to do this will need start carrying patches in the form of EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/$SERVICE against upstream units to add this behaviour to units.

Doing so would go against our upstream mantra I believe....

c) This is no longer necessary since users really should be following [1]

2- how I do ? with systemd :
service iptables status

systemctl status iptables.service

iptables -L or for the exact initscript command that was used, run /usr/libexec/iptables.init status

service iptables save

iptables-save

or for the exact initscript command that was used, run /usr/libexec/iptables.init save

3 - we got this message on /var/log/message systemd[1]: PID
file /run/sendmail.pid not readable (yet?) after start.

What's happening here is that sendmail is daemonizes itself in a racy way.

It exits the original process before the child writes the PID file which means that when systemd attempts to read the service's PID file, it is not there yet.

The proper steps to daemonize a process are described and can be found in [2]

I thing we want read /var/run/sendmail.pid , are we missing /var ?

No we are not however since [3] all path should really be pointing to /run at this point instead of that symlink...

JBG

1. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd#How_do_I_customize_a_unit_file.2F_add_a_custom_unit_file.3F
2. http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/daemon.html
3. http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-March/150031.html