Re: why is gurb-menu hidden as default?

Hi,

Wiadomość napisana w dniu 2012-02-06, o godz. 17:55, przez Reindl Harald:
in your arguments if you have any.

why do you not read the arguments?

* a new user does not know anything about the menu
* a new user fall into a boot problem after update

If we are considering such a newbie user as you describe, I bet this user does not know if system update installed a new kernel or not. (S)he probably does not know what the kernel is. So, why do you assume, such a user, having grub menu *not* hidden, will guess, that in case of boot problem (s)he should try to boot another kernel?

Another thing is:
I like breaking things. A lot. But since a *long* time (read: couple of years) I didn't have kernel crash after reboot on *stock* kernel provided by *stable* Fedora release. And with CentOS, this statement is even more true, due to the nature of this distribution.
Only problems I had, were with custom made kernels.

So, really, I don't see any problem here. And based on comments of other users, I'm not alone here.

regards,

--
Jarosław Górny
RHCE: 805008212834187