Unity in openSUSE >> Unity For Fedora (As in OpenSUSE or Arch)

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to apologize for opening a new topic, but I
wasn't signed on the list, so I can't really reply to the original
thread, "Unity For Fedora (As in OpenSUSE or Arch)"[1] by Manuel
Escudero.

I would like to clarify a few things:

 * Unity is not available for openSUSE and months ago I've filed a
request to nuke the GNOME:Ayatana repository. This repository only
exists for scavenging packages that might become useful.
 * Unity will never become a part of openSUSE unless it uses upstream
API. This was made very clear by Vincent Untz since the early days,
which I totally subscribe; I think it's probably correct to say that
either me or Vincent fully endorse what was said by Jeff[2].
 * openSUSE (I suppose Fedora is going the same way) is about to drop
Compiz from the Distro (unless we grab a maintainer);

In a few words: Unity is not available for openSUSE, and never was
(only Unity 2D was, but after the Unity 2D v4 release it stopped
working), and no one is working on it.

My personal stance is that the patch level from Unity is very
intrusive and it's a nightmare to maintain. I wish the best of luck
for Fedora in such achievement.

NM

[1] - http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-January/161631.html
[2] - http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2012-January/161713.html