Re: Unable to delete pkg 'blktool'?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 01:26:10PM -0600, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to retire package blktool.  This is what dead.package says
> > locally:  "Tool never really caught on with users, or kept up with the
> > times."
> >
> > It is retired in the package database, but when trying to "fedpkg push"
> > following "fedpkg retire", I get the following error:
> >
> >> [jgarzik@bd blktool]$ fedpkg push
> >> Counting objects: 4, done.
> >> Delta compression using up to 8 threads.
> >> Compressing objects: 100% (2/2), done.
> >> Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 358 bytes, done.
> >> Total 3 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
> >> remote: W refs/heads/master blktool jgarzik DENIED by fallthru
> >> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> >> To ssh://jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/blktool
> >>  ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)
> >> error: failed to push some refs to
> >> 'ssh://jgarzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/blktool'
> >> Could not execute push: Command '['git', 'push']' returned non-zero exit
> >> status 1
> >

> > Not sure what "DENIED by fallthru" means.  Anybody able to shed some light?
>
> I don't know, but devel shows retired in pkgdb.

I can't be sure but what might be happening is that the deprecation in the
pkgdb was mirrored out to the acls in the git server before you were able to
push your dead.package there.

Since you're not in provenpackager and the deprecation sets orphan as the
owner, you don't have permission to push to that branch anymore.  For now,
I've committed and push a similar change for you so the package is properly
retired in git.

dgilmore has expressed interest in getting the whole retired package process
into a fedpkg command.  At FUDCon we worked out the steps that fedpkg would
need to do and it seems like there's nothing stopping it, there just needs to
be some time to make it happen.

-Toshio