Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for F-17

Yes, I agree with this completely. If something is not being maintained
in Fedora, it's better to retire it. Then a user who wants that piece of
software will have two options:
1) They can build it and maintain it themselves on their own system(s)
2) They can choose to build and maintain it for Fedora by unretiring it.

Either way, they will not be given a false sense that the package is
being maintained.

Agreed and one thing that seems to be left out of this discussion is that we are spending resource on those unmaintained packages ( hw+releng/proven packagers for example ).

Just to keep them rolling in and between releases which arguable could be better spent elsewhere like on package that actually are being maintained or to assist maintainers that are overloaded etc...

JBG