Re: Kernel 3.1 being phased out, time for 3.2 in F-16?

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It might make some sense to have a separate repo for the lastest kernels
> on released versions of Fedora. Maybe one than one, since some people may
> be willing to test RCs and other people just want to get a jump on trying
> the latest released kernel.

I don't see how that repo can't be rawhide.  A vast majority of the
time, the rawhide kernel can be installed on the previous release
without any userspace updates (the 3.0 transition was a notable
exception).  We already build all the RCs, and people that are likely
to test in updates-testing are probably capable of grabbing it from
rawhide anyway.

If there's a concern over the debug options in the rawhide kernel
being enabled (which would be ironic, considering we're talking about
getting advanced testing and debug), the kernel team is going to build
one kernel per release/RC without those on.  We've done that with the
initial 3.2 kernel build.

josh