Re: rawhide report: 20040908 changes

xorg-x11-6.7.99.903-6 --------------------- * Fri Sep 03 2004 Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx> 6.7.99.903-6

- Remove hard coded dependancy on Glide3 from xorg-x11 package, as the tdfx
  DRI driver has used dlopen() with Glide3 since XFree86 4.2.1 or so, and no
  longer has a build time or runtime dependancy on Glide3 being present.  If
  Glide3 is present, DRI will work (theoretically), but if it is not present,
  the tdfx driver should still function correctly, so we can get rid of this
  dependancy now, as we are removing Glide3 from some of our OS products.

Erm,

I hope those OS products are the enterprise line and stuff, since I've just done a lott of work on Glide as you (mharris) should know.

I think removing Glide3 from Fedora is a bad idea, some people still have voodoos and they won't like loosing 3D support.

I know I'm yelling fire before there is a fire, just making sure there won't be a fire.

Regards,

Hans

-- EuropeSwPatentFree http://EuropeSwPatentFree.hispalinux.es