gsmartcontrol, gparted problems with userhelper and X credentials?

Recently my package for gsmartcontrol was approved, and it is now in Fedora 16.

I was using Fedora 14 on my desktop system when I did the packaging work. I did test it on a Fedora 16 system before submission. Since then I've done a fresh install of Fedora 16 on my desktop. Now if I try to launch gsmartcontrol from the Gnome Shell, I get the prompt from userhelper for my password, but it fails to run. From the command line, the same thing happens, but at least it shows the error message "Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0".

Doesn't userhelper pass the X credentials? I'm sure this was working for me on Fedora 14, and I don't remember configuring anything special.

I thought I'd see how gparted deals with the same issue, and find that on my system gparted gives exactly the same behavior.

Is there something else I need to put into the gsmartcontrol spec to make this work properly in F16?

Thanks!
Eric