Update packages available now for Fedora 16 Alpha on Power

Hi everyone.

As we're making quite good progress on fixing issues for the upcoming
Fedora 16 Beta on Power we wanted to make sure everyone can get the
updates on his system.

We don't have a automated update syncing in place yet, but Dennis
Gilmore is currently working on a solution that should make that
possible for all secondary archs across the board.

In the meantime if you want to get the already available updates you'll
have to follow the instructions that Karsten Hopp put together
(shamelessly copy & pasted from
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/PowerPC):

As we currently don't update the package repositories on the mirrors
regularily, users of pre-releases of Fedora-16 for PowerPC who need to
test packages that are newer than those in F16-Alpha (or later F16-Beta)
have to manually add the repo containing the latest packages to their
/etc/yum.repos.d directory. They need to create a new file, p.e.
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-16-prerelease.repo with these contents:

[fedora-16-prerelease]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch - prerelease
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/mash/$releasever/$basearch/os/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

Or on your F16 system, you can issue the following command to download
the repo and put it in the correct place:

wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-16-prerelease.repo
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/7/71/Fedora-16-prerelease.repo

A fresh installation for F16-Beta (or F16-Final) when those are released
is highly recommended so that you can verify that all reported and
closed as fixed bugs have really been addressed in -Beta (or -Final).

Have fun & happy hacking,

Thanks & regards, Phil

--
Philipp Knirsch              | Tel.:  +49-711-96437-470
Supervisor Core Services     | Fax.:  +49-711-96437-111