Re: F17 heads up: gnome-shell for everyone!

On Tue, 2011-11-08 at 09:31 +1100, Bojan Smojver wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 14:33 +0100, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > You won't be able to convince Gnome3 zealots.
>
> That's a bit harsh, I think. They are just very impressionable folk. :-)

That's also a bit harsh I think, and I'd appreciate it if you could
simply assume that we made the conscious choice to use the environment
that works best for us.

> > Believe me, a lot of people tried.
>
> I would like to believe that a rational argument eventually prevails.

So would I, but you seem to be just as much camped in your boots as you
accuse us of being, and refuse the rational arguments we proposed.

So the only thing I can suggest now is that you simply agree to disagree
and stop wasting everybody's bandwidth.

> > Vote with your legs. Switch to a different desktop.
> > A lot of people switched to xfce.
>
> Yeah, it seems so.
> I think what will most likely happen is that someone out there will come
> up with an extension to nuke the Activities button and replace it with
> Applications button. And that will be the end of that discussion.

You probably want to switch to Linux Mint 12 when it comes out with
their GSME enabled.

--
Mathieu