Re: F17 heads up: gnome-shell for everyone!

drago01 <drago01 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Not true ... I recommend reading
> https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design/#Activities_Overview

I read that a long, long time ago, of course. In fact, I have written a
constructive critique of Gnome 3 many months ago, based to a large degree on the
very document you pointed to. Critique still holds, unfortunately. You can
google it.

The existence of all those extensions that bring back sanity (apps menu in
normal view, workspaces in normal view, persistent dash for switching tasks in
normal view etc.) is the proof of the ultimate irony - the (supposedly) biggest
innovation of gnome-shell (the overview mode) is unfortunately a mistake.

--
Bojan