Re: BEWARE: a problematic glibc made it to stable (F16)

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I'm not convinced yet this is a glibc issue.  It could be a problem in
> the threaded work-queue code in git-grep which is just exposed by the
> change in glibc.  No one will know until we finally diagnose the bug.

The analysis in the bug is now that this is indeed a bug in the glibc
headers, which can poison builds of pretty much ANY threaded package. This
sounds very bad, it means an unknown number of packages may have to be
rebuilt to really fix the problem.

But even without that, breaking the SCM Fedora itself uses (along with a
growing number of upstream projects) in a Fedora release sounds very much
unacceptable.

        Kevin Kofler