Re: Systemd unit file: Can/Should ExecStart and ExecStop run a script?

On 19/10/11 22:27, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 23:20, Richard Shaw<hobbes1069@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
>> Ok based on Tom's file I came up with the following. I know Lennart,
>> you don't like setting ACL's from Systemd, but unless someone want's
>> to help me write udev rules that will run before the start of
>> mythbackend and after it's stopped, this is all I have:
>
> Yeah, that looks very wrong.
>
> Like mentioned earlier in this thread, just put the user into the
> audio/video system group and forget about any permissions management.

My unit was based on a translation of the old init scripts but yes, it
looks like you're right that all of the devices they modify the ACLs on
are in either the audio or video groups.

I'll try changing my units when the box isn't in use...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom@xxxxxxxxxx)
http://compton.nu/