Re: Why EDID is not trustworthy for DPI

Le Mer 5 octobre 2011 21:44, Simo Sorce a écrit :

> Are you saying fonts should change on the fly when I move an app between
> 2 monitors that have different DPIs ?

Unfortunately, when you get into situations with more than 150% difference in
pixel densities between displays (as we've been creeping towards in the last
decade) that's the only way to display text the user will be able to read.

You can check it now easily, just get a run-of-the-mill full-hd 15" laptop
(not even a tiny netbook), a run-of-the-mill 22" or more screen (nothing
especially uncommon either), create an extended desktop with both screens and
try to set a satisfying font size. I defy you to find a setting that won't
look way too small or way too big on one of the screens. And it won't matter
if the user likes small or big fonts.

--
Nicolas Mailhot