Re: Responsibility for rebuilding dependent components, was: F-16 Branched report: 20110920 changes

On 09/20/2011 05:30 PM, Doug Ledford wrote:
> [...]
Agreed, but what currently is happening, is packagers not being able to
submit package chains _in time_ because of the delays.

Reality is, when the root of a dependency chain changes incompatibly,
there are situations, it takes weeks until the whole chain has been
rebuilt. And when a freeze "closes down" update submissions, the repos
end up in inconsistent and broken state.

> likely with far less testing, and risks destabilizing the already released product.

The way things currently are, these packages will land as part of "day
one" mass updates.

Ralf