Re: Yum S3 plugin

On Wed, 2011-09-14 at 21:48 -0700, Jorge Gallegos wrote:
> So, I gather no one can shed some light on this? anyone? bueller?
>
> The bug (point #2) doesn't really stop the plugin from working, but it is annoying.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated

 You'd probably have been better off mailing this to the yum devel ML
and not fedora-devel. Anyway...

> >  - Fix an annoying bug where the plugin creates an empty yum cachedir in
> > the current directory. This is because the way the plugin works, it
> > creates a copy of the original repo with a different grabber based on
> > boto/urllib2 and then copies the rest of the attributes. However when
> > the [3]new repo is created, basecachedir is empty. Can any of you fine
> > people spot a way around that? it's been bugging me for a good week now.

 This is due to the switch you are doing on the repo. objects ... using
itermitems() seems like it's clever, to get all the data from the
swapped out repo. ... but that's actually inherited from the config.
object, so all you are setting are the config. options.
 The RHN plugin just manually sets .base_persistdir, IIRC, and that will
probably fix it for you too. For your usecase I'd be very tempted to not
do the swapout at all (as it requires a lot of testing/etc.) as all you
really need is to override the grab object and set a couple of things.