Re: Development to release quality

Dne 12.9.2011 11:26, Alex Hudson napsal(a):
> I view this as entirely equivalent to having a rule about not breaking
> trunk in version control: I don't know anyone who seriously argues that
> breaking a project compile is a good thing. Breaking the OS should be
> culturally identical - that it's a "development branch" or whatever is
> totally irrelevant.

Too much QA (or any external QA) imposed on the development make it
slower. Compare Linux v. OpenSolaris kernel development. Fedora tries to
be very fast developing distro, thus less QA in the development version.

Of course, noone wants to break Rawhide, and as I know ssh maintainer he
did his testing, but things happen and this slipped through.

Given the fast Rawhide development, I believe it will be fixed soon. In
meantime, Rawhide eats babies! Yours!

Best,

Matěj