Re: yum update btrfs-progs failing on F16alpha

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've got an F16alpha kvm guest installed from scratch a few days ago.
>
> Today I tried a `yum update` (with --disablerepo=updates-testing) which
> failed. By trial and error I determined that it is btrfs-progs, trying
> to update from 0.19-13.fc15 to 0.19-16.fc15, that fails with:
>
>   warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID
> 069c8460: NOKEY
>   Retrieving key from file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-x86_64
>

>   The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora 16 - x86_64" repository are
> already installed but they are not correct for this package.
>   Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
>
> The maintainer doesn't know why the keys is bad. (I've also asked him
> why there isn't an fc16 rpm, just fc15 and fc17 in koji. Do we care that
> there are not fc16 builds?)
>
> How did it get a bad key? Do we even care if the newer version goes out
> in the beta? FWIW I forced it by installing the RPM with `rpm -i --force`.

You don't have a bad key.  You have an RPM that is signed by the F15
key, since it's an F15 RPM and your fresh install does not have that
key imported.  Just run:

rpm --import http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/15/Fedora/x86_64/os/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

and it will work fine.

As for why there is no f16 build, I have no idea.  The Beta should get
a sign run before it's pushed out, so all packages should be signed
with the f16 key.  There might be an issue with inheritance here,
which I thought we disabled during Branched state to prevent this.

josh