Re: gimp

Nicu Buculei wrote:
> And we the people using it for real work still remember the times when
> Fedora used to be a bleeding edge distro and had such GIMP updated...

+1

The new update strategy (because it IS new, contrary to what some lazy
maintainers who always refused to follow the old policy out of sheer
laziness are claiming) just makes no sense, is the exact opposite of what
more than ⅔ of our users are asking for (see the FedoraForum poll on the
subject, made prior to the change) and is destroying what used to be a major
selling point for Fedora.

It is also utterly ridiculous and pointless if you consider the fact that
the Firefox maintainers are allowed to push major (first digit! Not minor
like 2.6 to 2.8) version increments as "security" updates… (Ironically,
Firefox used to be one of those odd packages NOT doing feature upgrades when
the rest of the distro was getting them. They seem to have fun always doing
the exact opposite of Fedora policy.)

        Kevin Kofler