Re: Default services enabled

Am 21.08.2011 23:09, schrieb Steve Clark:
>>> Read the part about "Parallelizing Socket Services". It explains why
>>> socket actviation is interesting,
>> I find a secure OS interesting. Bootup speed does not matter much to me.
>>
>> -Steve
> Obviously a lot on this list value boot up speed over security!

some people seems to have nothing to do except watching their machine boot :-)

as long my workstation with KDE and a lot of services (httpd, mysql, named,...) boots
in 50 seconds and all our servers on F14 needs only 30-40 seconds for a complete
reboot-cycle the boot-speed is a little laughable topic when we get more problems
because services are fired up too fast while socket-activation can/should not be
used for most of them resulting in a fast bott but unuseable machine

in the morking i press the power-button of my workstation, go in the kitchen and
take some coffee and late in the afternoon in type "shutdown -h now", al other
machines are runnign 365/24/7 so there is security and be sure all services are
working everytime much more important than win 3 seconds on a boot 5 times a year