Re: thanks for F15 mdadm systemd unit

On 07/22/2011 10:53 AM, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 22.07.2011 16:33, schrieb drago01:

>>> so let it be 28 years now
>> Still way too old ... technology has advanced a lot in the past 28 years
> this is poor argumentation which too many peopole follow unreflected
>
> with your argumentation we could throw away ls, touch, grep, find
> and thousands of other tools which will be working the next
> 28 years as long peopole not start breaking any backward-compatibility
> just for fun
>
> if you like this credo you are the perfect customer for Apple Inc.
> i am using linux because it is NOT Apple and NOT Microsoft
>
> for the same reason i use KDE and not a Mac or GNOME where the developers think
> reduce options is coll because their users are to dumb to use them what results
> in getting users which are really to dumb sooner or later because they never
> learned to really use a computer

I completely support moving to new technology and think that systemd is quite
attractive in many ways.

That said, we must insure that critical services all work, especially for
storage and file systems where screws will lose data and we will end up losing
users.

MD, NFS, clustering have complicated and complex needs. The systemd team - not
just the developers of those subsystems - need to be directly engaged and
proactive in getting all of these critical systems converted cleanly....

Ric