Re: systemd vice SysV/LSB init systems - what next ?

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 1:11 PM, JB <jb.1234abcd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My suggestion is that you keep both init systems, SysV/LSB and systemd,
> as separate offerings out of many, and forever so.

That's just adds a maintenance burden for no real benefit.

> You would install them as suitable for your individual system needs.
> The SysV/LSB system init would be default as is now.

We should support sysVinit scripts when they are present but we should
not ship them where we have proper unit files
and sure not use them by default. (legacy technology is for backward
compact not more and not less).