Re: Poll: Does ACPI lid state work on your Linux laptop?

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh, and depending on how it was implemented, it would provide a way for
> competent users to manually add their own systems to the whitelist and
> enable lid state functionality if they were happy with its performance
> on their particular system; right now there's no way you can say 'no,
> really, the lid switch works on my system, please use it'.

I'm not volunteering since I don't have enough time or programming skill, but...

What about some kind of simple (python?) GUI interface that would
first check against a whitelist, then if not on it could test for the
correct events by instructing the user clone and open their lids a few
times and then (if successful) ask the user if they want to enable lid
support?

Thanks,
Richard