Re: [Fwd: Re: Opinion: NVIDIA drivers are a Good Thing [tm]]

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:33:08 +0100, Rui Miguel Seabra <rms@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think at least this add restrictions... which is a violation of all
> > the GPL and LGPL software included in FC2.
>
> statements like this...pretty much demand informed legal counsel to hold
> any real value. My reading of the gpl, tells me trademark law is
> outside the scope of gpl completely.  And perhaps if you don't like my
> opinion. Perhaps you will follow-up with your own legal counsel on the
> mysql lawsuit that made it to court and see if they agree with the
> statements made here:
> http://www.open-mag.com/features/Vol_24/GPL/gpl.htm

Look, the phrase I ponted out adds restrictions on distribution.

   YES or NO ?

The GNU GPL and LGPL do not allow one to add permissions.

   YES or NO ?

The collection includes MUCH GPL'ed and LGPL'ed software.

   YES or NO ?

I mentioned trademark is independent of copyright.

   YES or NO ?

I provided one possible rewording that *probably* *could* help clear
doubts.

   YES or NO ?

In my view, YES, YES, YES, YES and YES.

So I think that some thought leading to positive conclusions should be
applied before knee-jerk reactions.

YES or NO ?

Rui

ps: in my view, YES.