Re: Installing bash-completion by default in F-16

On 06/02/2011 05:04 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:

> Things like bash completion have massive performance implications on network
> and other slower file systems esp if its used for home directories.

Forgot to reply to this earlier, but I'd like to hear more details about
this, preferably in a bug report, from anyone who experiences these
implications.  Do the issues occur at bash-completion load time and/or
completion invocation time?  If they're at completion invocation time,
what are good command/completion examples for reproducing the issue, and
how is the behavior different or how is the issue made worse by
bash-completion compared to bash's usual filename completion?